Paloma helps e-commerce businesses acquire customers with Facebook Messenger, by providing personalized shopping to consumers through automated chat. We're hiring a Sales Development Intern to bring new, qualified companies to the platform. This position is an opportunity for someone who is interested in the marketing work of the top consumer brands (like Bombas, Care/Of, Andie Swim, and more), and helping them to expand their business even further. You'll work directly with our Sales Lead, learning the fundamentals of marketing & sales, finding qualified prospects and managing our pipeline.
We're a small, venture-backed, growing team. Every new team member has a high level of impact on the business and culture – to learn more, read our principles.
How you'll contribute
- Help to deliver an above-and-beyond sales experience through phone, email, LinkedIn, Instagram, and any other creative communication channels
- Prospect for new clients by researching markets and contacting businesses
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate and close new sales opportunities
- Learn the ins and outs of our customers: paid and growth marketers for the top e-com brands; and evangelize the Paloma offering with needs-based selling
- Build new client relationships by analyzing, building, and managing a sales pipeline
A successful applicant will be
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Computer proficient in word processing, database work, email, and internet research
- Experienced with MS Office and Google Docs
- Excellent with verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Able to work collaboratively, effectively, and empathetically with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities, and identities
- Familiar with CRMs and sales outreach tools a plus (e.g. Hubspot, Outreach)
Applicants must be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma such as College or Graduate school. Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Business Administration majors a plus. The ideal candidate will have either had previous internship experience or coursework related to communications, marketing, or any other relevant categories.
Please fill out the application form here, and send an email confirming your application to email@example.com with a copy of your up-to-date resume.