Paloma's automated messaging platform turns Facebook Messenger into a storefront for top brands like Joybird, Andie Swim, and Care/Of. Our platform generates personal shopping conversations that help customers find the right products to buy, making them more likely to buy.
We're a small, venture-backed team, taking on a big space.
How we work
We partner with brands, using our software to turn traditional online shopping experiences into conversational shopping experiences. Once an experience is live, they can track performance and behavioral data, helping us to improve and optimize over time – ultimately increasing their conversion rates by 2-10x compared to their websites.
What you'll do
- Work directly under the CTO to plan feature development, solve complex problems, and plan high-level infrastructure
- Architect re-usable UI components that can not only be used in new features, but also anticipate future needs of the application
- Build and extend our library of robust, lightweight APIs and Celery jobs without compromising on performance and scalability
- Leverage your knowledge of React and Flask best practices, object-oriented design principles, and framework limitations to help the team plan new features in feasible, scalable, low-effort ways
- Take responsibility for delivering new features, collaborating with the entire team to understand the feature requirements, design specs, use cases and customer value
- Engage in product planning sessions with design and sales to quickly react to customer feedback and deploy software experience improvements
What we're looking for
Someone to join our team with 2+ years of development experience, who is:
- An excellent communicator
- Able to collaborate and operate in a remote-work environment
- Experienced building and iterating on complex SaaS applications
- Experienced in React, Redux, Flask, and Celery frameworks
- Excited to be involved in the growth of a small company
- Available for a minimum 20 hours per week, 3-months to start
What we provide
- An onboarding framework to make sure we're helping you succeed
- Access to experienced designers, technologists, sales people and product minds
- Remote work environment & flexible scheduling
- Opportunity for growth into full-time employment
Our Public Benefit
Paloma is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that it's built into our company to give back for public good. We do that through our work with nonprofits, providing discounts and pro-bono services.
Our Benefit: Provide resources and technology that improve communication for the advancement of political, social, economic, and environmental good in society.
Shoot us a note if you’d like to chat!
Take a look at our principles first – if this sounds good, send your resume to email@example.com and share a little bit about you, why you’re interested in Paloma, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.