Paloma helps e-commerce businesses acquire customers with Facebook Messenger, by providing personalized shopping to consumers through automated chat.
We're hiring a Full Stack Engineering Intern to learn from & work with our team in developing the next phase of our product. This position is an opportunity for someone who is interested in learning how computer science and programming principals are applied to build real-world websites and applications.
Our program starts with 4-weeks of intensive coursework on the basics of React and Flask. After which, you'll spend 8-weeks working directly with our CTO to enhance our software, culminating in a final project where you'll steward the deployment of a new feature, from inception to putting it in the hands of real customers.
This is a paid internship, working 10-40 hours per week over the course of approximately 3 months.
We're a small, venture-backed team, taking on a big space. Read our principles.
How you'll contribute
- Increase your proficiency in React and Flask, working directly with the CTO on feature planning, paired programming and code reviews
- Learn how to architect re-usable UI components that can not only be used in new features, but also anticipate future needs of the application
- Learn how object-oriented design principles can be applied to build and extend our library of robust, lightweight APIs
- Gain an understanding of how the Celery framework is used to respond to and process thousands of complex, asynchronous events in real-time (We can certainly create opportunities for you to work in Celery as well if you'd like)
- Leverage modern dev-ops processes for reviewing, testing, promoting code through the various development environments, without compromising on speed or safety
- Collaborate with the entire team to understand the feature requirements, design specs, use cases, and customer value of the new features you're building
A successful applicant will be
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Able to communicate and operate in a remote-work environment
- Familiar with how to use basic development tools such as Git, an IDE, and Terminal/bash
- Availale at least 10 hours per week
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a similar field) OR Have completed a relevant coding bootcamp
What we provide
- An onboarding framework to make sure we're helping you succeed
- Access to experienced designers, technologists, sales people and product minds
- An opportunity for full-time employment at the close of the internship
Please fill out the application form here, and send an email confirming your application to email@example.com with a copy of your up-to-date resume.