Paloma helps e-commerce businesses turn Facebook Messenger into a storefront, by providing personalized shopping to consumers through automated conversations.
We're hiring a Full Stack Engineer to learn from & work with our team in developing the next phase of our product. This position is an opportunity for someone who has learned the basics of React, but is interested in increasing their proficieny in the framework by building real-world websites and applications. You'll work directly with our CTO, learning React implementation best practices, advanced framework features — such as Redux, and the basics of Flask (our backend framework).
If you don't know React, but are currently studying CS or a similar degree, you may want to instead take a look at our paid full-stack internship oppurtunity.
This is a paid position, working 20-40 hours per week.
We're a small, venture-backed team, taking on a big space. Read our principles.
How you'll contribute
- Increase your proficiency in React and Redux, working directly with the CTO on feature planning, paired programming and code reviews.
- Learn how to architect re-usable UI components that can not only be used in new features, but also anticipate future needs of the application
- Leverage modern dev-ops processes for reviewing, testing, promoting code through the various development environments, without compromising on speed or safety.
- Learn the basics of our backend stack, Flask, to build and extend our library of robust, lightweight APIs and Celery jobs without compromising on performance and scalability.
- Take responsibility for delivering new features, collaborating with the entire team to understand the feature requirements, design specs, use cases and customer value.
- Engage in product planning sessions with design and sales to quickly react to customer feedback and deploy software experience improvements.
A successful applicant will be
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Able to communicate and operate in a remote-work environment
- Well-versed in the basics of the React framework
- Familiar with Python and interested in learning the Flask backend framework
- Have completed a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a similar field) OR a relevant coding bootcamp
What we provide
- An onboarding framework to make sure we're helping you succeed
- Access to experienced designers, technologists, sales people and product minds
- An opportunity for full-time employment at the close of the apprenticeship
Our Public Benefit
Paloma is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that it's built into our company to give back for public good. We do that through our work with nonprofits, providing discounts and pro-bono services.
Our Benefit: Provide resources and technology that improve communication for the advancement of political, social, economic, and environmental good in society.
Shoot us a note if you’d like to chat!
Take a look at our principles first – if this sounds good, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and share a little bit about you, why you’re interested in Paloma, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.