Paloma turns Facebook & Instagram DMs into a storefront for individual sellers and top brands, where consumers are 2-10x more likely to buy. This is the first DM-Commerce platform, with everything you need to run an online store, no website required.
We're a fast-growing, venture-backed team, with extensive product experience in messaging, ecom, and startup software.
How we work
People are buying things through DMs every day around the world, but sellers have had no way to manage these sales with any of the tools you'd find in traditional commerce settings like websites and in-person. Paloma is the very first DM-commerce platform, built to help sellers manage their inventory, automate checkouts, and get order updates, all in minutes right from their phones.
Paloma makes this possible through a mix of traditional E-Commerce features, a robust knowledge and infrastructure for automated conversational selling, and detailed data analysis for continual storefront optimization.
What you'll do
- Build and extend our library of robust, lightweight, scalable UI components and backend APIs while delivering new customer features.
- Build on top of the Celery framework to respond to and process thousands of complex, asynchronous events in real-time.
- Independently break down entire projects into smaller technical tasks and coordinate assignment and prioritization across the entire sprint team.
- Work alongside the CTO to design data solutions, architect our large-scale production data infrastructure, and lead app-wide technical strategy.
- Collaborate with product and design to understand the feature requirements, design specs, use cases, customer value, and make suggestions throughout the development process.
- Engage in product planning sessions with design, accounts and sales to quickly react to customer feedback and deploy software experience improvements.
What we're looking for
Someone to join our team with 4+ years of full stack web development experience, who is:
- Excellent at communicating
- Able to collaborate and operate in a remote-work environment
- Experienced building and iterating on complex SaaS applications
- Excited to be involved in the growth of a small company
- Familiarity with our backend frameworks, Flask, Celery, and Postgresql, is a plus
- Familiarity with our frontend frameworks, React, Next.js, Tailwind, and React Query, is a plus
What we provide
- An onboarding framework to make sure we're helping you succeed
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family, including One Medical
- Equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO, unlimited sick days
- $50 monthly stipend for shopping via our partner experiences
- Remote work environment
Our Public Benefit
Paloma is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that it's built into our company to give back for public good. We do that through our work with nonprofits, providing discounts and pro-bono services.
Our Benefit: Provide resources and technology that improve communication for the advancement of political, social, economic, and environmental good in society.
Shoot us a note if you’d like to chat!
Take a look at our principles first – if this sounds good, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and share a little bit about you, why you’re interested in Paloma, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.