Paloma's automated messaging platform turns Facebook Messenger into a storefront for top brands like Joybird, Andie Swim, and Care/Of. Our platform generates personal shopping conversations that help customers find the right products to buy, making them more likely to buy.
We're a small, venture-backed team, taking on a big space.
How we work
Brands use our software to turn their traditional online shopping experiences into conversational shopping experiences. Once an experience is live, our software tracks performance and behavioral data, helping them to improve and optimize over time – ultimately increasing their conversion rates by 2-10x compared to their websites.
Paloma helps e-commerce businesses turn Facebook Messenger into a storefront, by providing personalized shopping to consumers through automated conversations.
What you'll do
- Use object-oriented design principles to build and extend our library of robust, lightweight Flask APIs.
- Build on top of the Celery framework to respond to and process thousands of complex, asynchronous events in real-time.
- Independently break down entire projects into smaller technical tasks and coordinate assignment and prioritization across the entire sprint team.
- Work alongside the CTO to design data solutions, architect our large-scale production data infrastructure, and lead app-wide technical strategy.
- Collaborate with product and design to understand the feature requirements, design specs, use cases, customer value, and make suggestions throughout the development process.
- Engage in product planning sessions with design, accounts and sales to quickly react to customer feedback and deploy software experience improvements.
What we're looking for
Someone to join our team with 3+ years of Flask or Python backend development experience, who is:
- Excellent at communicating
- Able to collaborate and operate in a remote-work environment
- Experienced building and iterating on complex SaaS applications
- Excited to be involved in the growth of a small company
- Familiarity with our backend frameworks, Celery and Postgresql
- Familiarity with our current frameworks, React, Next.js, Tailwind, and React Query, is a plus
What we provide
- An onboarding framework to make sure we're helping you succeed
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for you and your family, including One Medical
- Generous equity
- Unlimited PTO, unlimited sick days
- $50 monthly stipend for shopping via our partner experiences
- Remote work environment
Our Public Benefit
Paloma is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that it's built into our company to give back for public good. We do that through our work with nonprofits, providing discounts and pro-bono services.
Our Benefit: Provide resources and technology that improve communication for the advancement of political, social, economic, and environmental good in society.
Shoot us a note if you’d like to chat!
Take a look at our principles first – if this sounds good, send your resume to email@example.com and share a little bit about you, why you’re interested in Paloma, and a link to your LinkedIn profile.